[vorbis] Fw: CD Ripper Beta Software: RipTrax

John Lundy jlundy at playnet.com
Wed Feb 6 10:24:09 PST 2002

EXCELLENT! All of you are providing some invaluable feedback. No kidding.
I'll be sticking around here for a long time, at this rate. At least until
you get tired of me...   ;)

Ok, first. I updated RipTrax to support Ogg in VBR *ONLY*. If you select
Blade or Lame, you get an Encode Bitrate selection control. If you Select
Ogg Vorbis, you get an Encode Quality edit control with a spin control
attached.

The list's view is correct, trying to fit Ogg into the family of *bitrate*
encoders does not make sense. So I made it a VBR quality encoder, only.

As to the other recommendations listed here and some follow up messages,
I'll add these to my to-do list and see what I have time to implement over
the next few days.

In any case, the latest RipTrax encoder can be picked up here:

http://web2.airmail.net/jlundy/riptrax.htm

And thanks, again, to all!

John