[vorbis] Streaming content from BBC just stops

James Fung fungja at eyetap.org
Fri Feb 1 01:02:22 PST 2002

Hi.
I tried listening to the BBC broadcast also and had a problem.  My current
version is only up to date with the latest debian testing package (see
below).  Since everything was sounding like chipmunks, I played around
with the sampling rate and got something that seems to work.  I thought
I'd share it with everyone in case others were having a similar problem
with their ogg version:

tiny:/home/a#  ogg123 -v -d raw -f -  http://ogg.bbc.co.uk:8001/radio4.ogg
| sox  -t sw - -r 3000 -t sw -f - >/dev/dsp

tiny:/home/a# ogg123 -V
ogg123 from vorbis-tools 1.0rc3

-James