[vorbis] WinVC

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Feb 13 14:07:15 PST 2002

Beni Cherniavksy wrote:

 >Stupid me, didn't think of passing commments as separate options on
 >commmand line, only thought about stdin...
 >
 >Then WinVC can add multi-line comments but can't read them (at least not
 >reliably).

There is no problem writing newlines (<CR><LF>) in parameters using Windows
API calls, so writing multi-line comments works fine.

As far as reading is concerned, it's not so fool proof as you mention.
WinVC decides it has found a new tag when it finds a '=' on a line.  It
continues reading multiple lines until it finds another '=' or reaches
the end of the list.  This works fine unless an '=' has been specified
in the tag data.  I suspect there have been very few if any '=' entered
in tag data so generally it is safe.  It will certainly work perfectly
for those entering their own tags -- v1.0 will not allow an '=' in the data.

One day I may spend the time to work out how to add the library to the
software instead of using vorbiscomment.exe.  Or if someone with Delphi
knowledge can supply me with code providing functions for reading & writing
the comments then I'll pop them in.

I should be releasing v1.0 tonight which has been prettied up a bit with
menus, toolbar, keyboard shortcuts etc.

Cheers,
Ross Levis.