[vorbis] WinVC v0.91 released

Beni Cherniavksy cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Feb 13 02:53:40 PST 2002

On 2002-02-10, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

> > > I've managed to do it fine with VorbisComment.
> > >
> > That's strange, I'm pretty sure it can't be done :-)
>
> I can prove you wrong. I sent this email some days ago, but looks like I
> may not have sent it to the apropiate place, maybe vorbis-dev would have
> been the correct place. In few words, bash allows entering multiline tags,
> maybe dos with bash can do it too.
>
> ---
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:27:56 +0100
> To: giles at xiph.org
> Subject: Undefined behaviour problems with implementation of vorbiscomment
>
> When the option -c is used to feed a file as input, or just typing the
> contents of the file through stdin, vorbiscomment refuses to accept
> multiline values.  I wouldn't find this very restrictive since you can
> emulate them adding the same tag again and again for every line. But
> you can introduce multiline values at the commandline with the -t
> option. Under linux/bash you only have to leave the quotes open, and
> vorbiscomment will happily accept all the lines you give it once you
> type the end quote.

Stupid me, didn't think of passing commments as separate options on
commmand line, only thought about stdin...

Then WinVC can add multi-line comments but can't read them (at least not
reliably).

                 (also scben at t2 in Technion)

Best way to lose ~6GB music and other personal files: create a roaming
profile on another computer pointing to your My Documents instead of your
profile dir; logon - it won't find your settings; so logout - it will be
"saving your settings" very long time because it is busy deleting all
unrecognized things in your directory.  [Personally experienced on win2k].