[vorbis] rc3 and lowpass filters

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Wed Feb 13 00:08:46 PST 2002

> I was wondering about the lowpass filter applied at the different
> quality levels. It seems that the 16kHz cut-off is still there at
> quality 3.

I can attest that on many samples the "-q 3" level goes up to 18 KHz, and at
least on one sample (EncoderHell, found on AirWindows) it goes up to 22 KHz.

--
"MP3 the king is a mighty warrior, but he's showing new wounds.
Ogg [Vorbis] is the successor to the throne ... In this case,

Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net