[vorbis] Seeking in a saved stream; or, Why isn't that sucker valid?

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Mon Feb 11 13:25:56 PST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Monty wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 02:53:07PM -0600, Stephen Commiskey wrote:
> > I hope that this is the appropriate venue for this question.  If it's not, let me know and I'll take it elsewhere (perhaps vorbis-dev).
> >
> > Saved streams are great - it lets this norteamericano get his fill of BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix.  Unfortunately, saved streams aren't seekable.  Running ogginfo on the stream data gives:
> >
> > serial=1626603590
> > header_integrity=pass

[Lines removed]

> > stream_integrity=fail
> > stream_truncated=true
> > header_integrity=fail
>                    ^^^^
> odd one there.  But if it were true, it couldn't play.

Uh, more weird is that there are two of them.  It looks like vorbisfile
decided that there were two streams, and the last one has a damaged header
(or more likely, the last packet doesn't contain Vorbis headers at
all).  Perhaps this is what confuses most players.  This looks like a chained
stream with a bad second part.

---
Stan Seibert