[vorbis] Fw: CD Ripper Beta Software: RipTrax

John Lundy jlundy at playnet.com
Wed Feb 6 07:36:31 PST 2002

The edit function may be a OS situation I have not been able to check (I use
W2K and XP for development). The way track name editing is supposed to work
is like this: 1) highlight the entry you want to change, 2) click the
highlighted track name again (Like in Explorer). The entry *should* go into
edit mode where you can change the name to appear as you like it. This can
only be done if you are not presently ripping a track/CD. If this does not
work, please let me know your OS and IE version. Thanks.

I understand the comment on "managed bitrates". Since I generally agree with
this I am interested in how to properly implement this in RipTrax, from a
user standpoint. For instance, should VBR be the only mode supported? Or an
option? We aren't streaming, after all. Also, should the interface just
provide a Quality slider? Left/Bottom being minimum quality (like 0.1 to
OGG) and Right/Top being highest quality? Should there be some *window*
functionality (min and max bitrate as well as average)? All this adds up to
a complex UI that can be confusing. Not a design goal of mine.

John