Tag Standard Updated (Re: [vorbis] Quality & Tags)

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sun Feb 3 17:52:13 PST 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 08:40:48PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>I'm not at all arguing that it's not useful information.  I'm just going
>along with the general concept that's been thrown in my own face :)
>multiple times: keep the tags as minimal and to the guidelines as possible.
>If there are exceptions being made to the design guidelines (as this tag
>would be), at least acknowledge (and justify) it in the proposal so people
>don't come along later complaining "you don't follow your own guidelines
>in a document this small?" and so on.

Monty himself posted that "minimal" wasn't the most important goal, only
a desirable one.  In other words, don't throw the baby out with the
bathwater.  If its useful information to a significant number of people,
its better to agree on what to call that information.

I believe I justified the ENCODING tag as fitting with goal #1 of the
proposal.

Cheers

Jonathan

http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tag-standard.html