[vorbis] WinVC - Multiple file tag editor!

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Sat Feb 2 02:44:02 PST 2002

Peter G. wrote:

> When applying modified tags, already existing user defined tags get
> wiped. Out goes my replaygain-values and cookie recipes :-/

I see, yes.  I'll do something about that.

> Support for user defined tags much wanted.

I've started on this.  I'm going to provide up to a maximum of 8 extra
tags which will appear just like the standard ones so data entry is easy.

> An option to strip/delete all tags from selected files.

Yes, I had this in mind for the next release.

> Rename files based on tags by user-defined pattern

Good idea.  I will use the template system.  See below.

> Import tags from filename by user-defined pattern.

I had this in mind for the next release.  Actually the current one is
hard coded for Artist - Title.  I'm planning to provide a template with
Artist, Title, Album & TrackNumber.

Don't use the current version because it swaps around the Artist & Title.

The next release will load the tracks much faster.

Cheers,
Ross.