[vorbis] Re: Re: fitting lots of music into 10GB with Vorbis

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Mon Dec 30 14:31:32 PST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 16:57, Martin Blackwell wrote:
> read the bloody posts before you start talking:

That's good advice. I would like to direct your attention to the
following post:

http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200212/0351.html

If that's not exact enough, have a look at the function
setting_to_approx_bitrate() in vorbisenc.c in the vorbis library source
code. That's where the reference encoder determines the nominal bitrate
from the quality switch.

If you need help translating either of these formulas to JAVASCRIPT,
please post a message to that effect to the list, and I'm sure someone
will offer their help.

Sincerely,

Carsten Haese
Ogg Traffic Editor, Xiph.Org Foundation