[vorbis] Is this just anti-Ogg FUD?

Chris Hanson cmh at bDistributed.com
Thu Dec 26 16:40:00 PST 2002

At 5:00 PM -0500 12/26/02, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
>However, it's quite possible that there's a patent covering some
>methods used in Vorbis compression.  In fact, someone from Thompson
>Multimedia was at some point sure enough of that fact to discuss it in
>an interview.

Actually, if we're thinking of the same interview, as far as I
remember the Thompson person made some vague handwaving about how
there was probably some patent being violated somewhere.  Nothing
substantive that I can recall, just FUD.

   -- Chris

--
Chris Hanson, bDistributed.com, Inc.  |  Email: cmh at bDistributed.com
Custom Application Development        |  Phone: +1-847-372-3955
http://bdistributed.com/Articles/     |  Personal Email: cmh at mac.com