[vorbis] An intresting article

Shawn Riley roleypup at samford.net
Sun Dec 22 10:57:42 PST 2002

Reminds me of all these health warnings we get on the news. They say that if we heeded all the warnings we'd have nothing to cook with, indeed, no food to cook in the first place.
Can listening to Vorbis-encoded music be much worse for us than listening to music that's been "cleaned up" using FFT-based noise reduction? Because it seems to me they do much the same thing, only Vorbis is a bit more intelligent than a typical FFT NR. Even so, I remember a friend quoting a study that found tape hiss & vinyl noises to be soothing in comparison to the "clean" sound of CDs. :-/

- Shawn