[vorbis] [fwd] new product using ogg (from: jules@rawmaterialsoftware.com)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Dec 18 20:36:16 PST 2002

Just in case the main list hadn't seen this (I'm trying to clear out
some old email backlog that went to feedback).

Monty

Delivery-Date: Thu Nov 28 15:14:31 2002
Delivery-Date: Mon Nov 11 13:11:53 2002
From: "Julian Storer" <jules at rawmaterialsoftware.com>
To: feedback at vorbis.com
Subject: new product using ogg

workstation, as it uses Ogg-Vorbis (and FLAC) as the basis for its
project archiving mechanism.

If you're interested, check it out at www.rawmaterialsoftware.com

..and when you download some of the example tunes, note that all the
audio in these is compressed at the lowest vorbis bitrate - I think the
biggest demo archive is only about 800k, but it all sounds brilliant!
(or at least as good as the original..) Because it compresses only the
source material of an edit and then plays it back applying all the
original filters, etc., this disguises all the artifacts, and my only
complaint about vorbis is that you don't have lower bitrates available!

Cheers

Julian Storer