[vorbis] Corrupted OGGs (Winamp or Mac OS?)

fungus meditvr at teleline.es
Wed Dec 11 13:20:45 PST 2002

Christopher Verdesi wrote:
> I copied the files over to to my Mac G4 running OS 9.0.4,
> where they sat untouched for about a month. Now, having
 > copied them back to my Win98 SE machine, they won't
 > play in Winamp, and--attempting to convert back to
 > WAV--OGGDROP says they're corrupted.

How did you copy them?

Macs have a habit of adding 128 bytes to the start
of files. This would be easy to spot if you have
a file dump utility. Look for the OGG header 128
bytes into the file.

If you used FTP then you might have used ASCII
mode, if you did then you're buggered. Just delete
the files and be done with it.