[vorbis] Corrupted OGGs (Winamp or Mac OS?)

gtgbr at gmx.net gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Dec 11 09:57:24 PST 2002

Christopher Verdesi wrote:
> where they sat untouched for about a month. Now, having copied
> them back to my Win98 SE machine, they won't play in Winamp,
> and--attempting to convert back to WAV--OGGDROP says they're
> corrupted.

Another guess in addition to Peter Harris' would be a simple oversight,
if you used FTP to copy the files you might have transferred them in
ASCII mode. Otherwise, I suppose Peter's suggestion is the most likely
cause. Are those .ogg files still on your Mac, and can you copy them
again? It might actually be a good idea to use a platform independend
transfer protocol like FTP (in binary mode, of course ;) ), to get rid
of those oddities - a friend of mine, who uses a Mac once gave me an
.ogg file via FTP and I had no problems with it whatsoever.