[vorbis] Re: Re: fitting lots of music into 10GB with Vorbis

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Dec 29 00:10:01 PST 2002

> Anywoo, before newyears day, i should have sent the results of how much
> music i managed to fit on the disc. If not, it'll be because i am drunk.
Or
> recovering from being drunk.

So far, 76 hours,1 minutes & 6 seconds (100 CDs including my albums, my
sisters albums & my singles) @ q3.5 totals 3.68GB
I've still got my sisters singles, and my mothers collection to stick on.
as well as 5 other of my sisters albums which are somewhere in the mess that
is her room.

> BTW- "Paranoia: Full" (on CDex) causes problems with ripping certain
tracks
> that i can't hear any artefacts in- most notably the last track on a disc
> before a data track on the so called "enhanced CDs"- it got to 98% ripped,
> then either did the (invisible on my computer) blue (screen just goes
black)
> screen of death, or just kept trying to rip. and takes ages to do nothing.

That also goes for every Paranoia option in CDex

PS, because i am very bored (my usual excuse for doing something seemingly
pointless) i am writing a teeny javascript thing that tells people how much
time can be fitted into a certain amount of space by a specified quality.
Which would be usefull if you create a playlist in winamp of the source
files, read off the total playlist time, and enter the values in. In theory,
it would display the minimum number of tracks you could fit into the
specified space, as it would be going by the nominal bitrate (since the
average bitrate for tracks tend to fall below the nominal bitrate).