[vorbis] Bzip2 & Ogg Vorbis

Olaf van der Spek Olaf at XCC.TMFWeb.NL
Mon Dec 23 14:30:09 PST 2002

Hi,

I've got some (seven) Ogg Vorbis files with a total size of 18637246 bytes.
When I use bzip2 to compress these files, the total size is 16949443. That's
10% less.

Is bzip2 supposed to be able to compress Ogg Vorbis files further?
If not, are these files encoded with wrong settings?
If so, why is there no option to use bzip2 with Ogg Vorbis by default?

Olaf van der Spek
Almere, Holland
http://xccu.sourceforge.net/