[vorbis] Newbie question

Carsten Orthbandt carsten.orthbandt at sek-ost.de
Mon Dec 16 00:33:09 PST 2002

I'm new to OggVorbis (btw: we're about to use it in a game...) and
am curious about page sizes when decoding ogg streams. With every
stream I tested, I get either 512 or 4096 byte packages from ov_read().
While this is fine with me, I'd like to know if there is a upper limit
to this chunk size. If it's variable, how do I find out what the max
chunk size for the open stream is?
I know that I can limit the amount of data ov_read retrieves through
the size param, but I'd like to drive it with the best possible size
and no artificial restrictions on my side. But if there was a remote
possibility of ov_read() returning big chunks (>64 kbyte), i'd rather
know that in advance.

On a side note: this is on Win32 and I'd like to note that I had
serious trouble linking the static libs with /MT code. I Finally
resorted to building a single oggvorbis lib with all source included.

Best regards,

---
Carsten Orthbandt, Director Development
SEK SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat GmbH
http://www.sek-ost.de

"Wenn ich Visionen habe, gehe ich zum Arzt." - Helmut Schmidt