[vorbis] Am I insane?

Martin Fontaine mfont at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 15 07:29:26 PST 2002

> Martin Fontaine wrote:
> >         I used to have my songs encoded with Xing (AudioCatalyst) in VBR at
>
> Anything is an improvement over Xing ... well, except bladeenc maybe.

        Yeah, now with CD'n'Go (A prog I got from the Vorbis Download page)
I can encode them with Vorbis but I also use the Gogo.dll encoder
with it to make comparaisons.  Actually, Gogo MP3s are not as bad as
Xing MP3s...  Almost as good as Vorbis.

> > the highest quality!  At work, I saved nearly 2 gigs by converting to
> > Ogg and I improved sound quality!  One of my coleague who I converted
> > to Ogg is also a believer!  He went from Xing VBR Highest Quality to
> > Ogg q3 and he thinks it sounds better for about half the space!
>
> By "went", you mean he deleted his MP3 files and ripped again from CD to
> Vorbis @ -q 3, right?

        Of course, in fact there's still about half his collection still in
MP3 because he doesn't have the original CDs.

|      Martin Fontaine     mfont at videotron.ca      |
| The Braids Bonanza: http://braids.cjb.net        |
| Mel D.'s Good Gifts: http://come.to/meldoane     |