[vorbis] Corrupted OGGs (Winamp or Mac OS?)

Christopher Verdesi verdesi at bellatlantic.net
Wed Dec 11 08:36:13 PST 2002

I recently ripped a bunch of tracks to ~192 VBR OGG using OGGDROP
XPd v. 1.1 running on Win98 SE and they worked fine and sounded
great in Winamp 2.80. I then edited the tags (also with Winamp
2.80) and copied the files over to to my Mac G4 running OS 9.0.4,
where they sat untouched for about a month. Now, having copied
them back to my Win98 SE machine, they won't play in Winamp,
and--attempting to convert back to WAV--OGGDROP says they're
corrupted.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions on
diagnosing/recovering the OGGs?  I saw the thread in the list
archives about the tagging bug in Winamp 2.77, but I thought the
bug had been fixed in later Winamp versions, so I'm stumped.