[vorbis] Ogg radio stations (was: Another new famous game using VORBIS!!!)

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 02:54:09 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 05:22:23PM +0000, Mark Hills wrote:

> Our brand new site will be going online in the next few days. The audio is
> only mono at the moment -- nothing to do with software issues, but we
> don't have a stereo processor available to attach to the webstream audio
> (yet!).

If by "stereo processor" you mean a multiband dynamic range compressor
(like an Optimod), then DON'T. Those give any psychoacoustic lossy
encoder a hard time, by bringing more sounds above the psy-curve. Use a
wideband limiter-compressor by all means, but not a multiband one.

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)