[vorbis] encoding question

Christophe Leske leske at online.de
Wed Dec 4 14:40:40 PST 2002

I got a question about very low bitrate encoding (<45Kbit/s)

I remember being in touch with one of the developers at one time and he
told me about some switch which would force the command line encoder to
create files with even lower bitrates (down to 8Kbit/s or even less), at
frequencies of 11Khz or maybe even less.

Is there still such a thing?
How do i encode files at a lower bitrate than the apparently fixed
45Kbit/s?

I know about the quality managed modes, and that i probably have to
switch from that in order to enforce the bitrate i am seeking, right?

Thanks for any help,
Christophe Leske