[vorbis] further development

Robert Michel Robert.Michel at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Aug 24 07:31:54 PDT 2002

Am Samstag, 24. August 2002 15:38 schrieb fungus:
> Robert Michel wrote:
> > Speed is not everything, I would say that
> > low delay and lossless mode are more
> > interesting than low CPU use.
>
> You obviously don't have to decode six streams
> simultaneously inside a video game...
... no.

ACC Low Delay is a special mode with short frames.
I agree that the video game sector is one key sector.
But a low delay mode is a key mode for the whole
syncron-comunication sector.

So the strategy  would be the same as MPEG group
do - using special modes for best solutions. And comparing
with video games, for syncron-comunication exist a clear
target, to have a delay lower than 20 - 50 ms.
For video games it never couldn't be fast enough :-)

But I wish that both features become successful.
greetings,
rob