[vorbis] Strange dropouts

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Mon Aug 5 16:19:37 PDT 2002

Tomi Jylhä-Ollila (tomi.jylha-ollila at pp.inet.fi) wrote:

> Yes. Here's the ogg encoded using the 1.0 final Windows binary w/ -q 3:
> http://personal.inet.fi/musiikki/nebularia/test/t2title-win.ogg
>
> and, the one I encoded in Debian with the same version and -q setting:
> http://personal.inet.fi/musiikki/nebularia/test/t2title.ogg

Well, I'm at a loss here.  Both files have normal-looking vorbis 1.0
headers (Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717) and the same nominal bitrate.
They both decode to the same size .wav file, but not the *same* .wav
file:

jekyll:~/tmp$ cmp t2*
t2.wav t2-win.wav differ: byte 87435, line 83

I can't hear the difference between them, and unfortunately my ABX
program is dumping core when I try to ABX them:

Reading t2-win.wav ...Only 1 or 2 channels are supported, not 16393
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

(But xmms plays them both just fine.)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |