[vorbis] Strange dropouts

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Sat Aug 3 05:52:40 PDT 2002

Tomi Jylhä-Ollila (tomi.jylha-ollila at pp.inet.fi) wrote:

> Maybe I should also point out that *only* the oggs I've encoded in
> Debian have these problems. The oggs I encoded in Windows work fine in
> Debian. Also, the oggs from the test page in vorbis.com play perfectly.

Did you try encoding the *same* .wav file on both Windows and Debian,
with the same version of oggenc/libvorbis, using the same command-line
switches, to see if you get the same result?

(The resulting oggs will not be binary-identical, because a random
serial number is inserted into the headers.  But other than that,
you should get the same results.)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |