[vorbis] Tag Proposal -> Tag Standard

John Morton jwm at plain.co.nz
Sat Apr 27 23:27:29 PDT 2002

On Saturday 27 April 2002 05:17, David Gasaway wrote:
> Keith Wright wrote:
> > Why do you care what I scribble on my album covers?
>
> Like I said, I'm interesting in building a community.  Share the wealth.
>   We've worked hard to come up with the Proposal, and now want to make
> the best use of it.  I.e., make a standard.

Hilarious! Verement's grizzling on Kiro5hin about the vorbis standard being a
waste of time because Xiph are spending their time getting the reference
implementation right before writing up the spec, meanwhile you guys are
wasting your time seeking the stamp of officialdom on a standard without an
implementation...

> > ..but don't try to control the world, because the Bulgarian
>
> Please!  If you've read carefully, you'd know I never advocated forcing
> this on anyone.  Just that it be an official standard.

Oh, just give up. By the time you've convinced the Xiph team that this tag
proposal should be a standard, you could have written the world's best cross
platform tag editor, display plugin and music organizer and become the
defacto standard that way.

John