[vorbis] Tag changes

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Apr 9 19:00:35 PDT 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> What I was looking for was evidence that it was superior to the current
> solution.  You haven't provided that other than a gut level "I think
> they should be separated.

I was looking for evidence that the current solution is superior to the
PARTNUMBER solution.  Aye!  :)

> The number of a part is intrinsic to the piece of
> music; further, it is intrinsic to the part.

I don't deny any of this.

> Once torn assunder, how do you match them together
> again?

Concatenation.

> I have a CD of music by Handel where the first 3
> parts maybe each by in one track, and then the next 3 parts will be in
> the fourth track.

You're killing me Jonathan!  Where were you when I was digging for this
at 10 o'clock this morning?

> The current definition of PART boils down to:

Come on, now.  I'm talking about the length of the description and all
of the rules attached.  I never suggested that sorting was difficult.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org