[vorbis] Tag changes

Ben Pearre bwpearre at mit.edu
Tue Apr 9 17:05:31 PDT 2002

> Why are you making all of these format/parsing rules?  If you want
> better parsing, make a new tag.  The way you're working this, you're
> obviously combining two distict pieces of information: ${num} and ${name}.

Ok, technically I agree with this.  In practice, although this isn't
as elegant, it basically solves the original problem.

> Besides, weren't you just arguing that changes shouldn't be made just
> for the sake of machine parsability?

Perhaps for the sake of shutting me up ;)  Never fear, I'm leaving for
two weeks on Thursday, so when I return I expect that the solutions
will be so entrenched as to be unassailable.  :)

-Ben

--
bwpearre at alumni.princeton.edu                http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben