[vorbis] What to do with unicode?

lists at moz.co.nz lists at moz.co.nz
Mon Apr 8 18:44:50 PDT 2002

Akos wrote:
> And every once in a while people ask us: how do I convert this
> into mp3? Their reasons being mostly that they want to play
> them on their portable mp3 players or DVD players supporting mp3, etc.

So tell me, what are the good tools for this? I'd really like
something that runs under windowns and lets me drag'n'drop files
into its queue, spitting out mp3's into some target directory
with ID3 tags taken from the ogg ones.

I'm still having trouble doing a-b comparisons between wav, mp3
and ogg, they sound disturbingly similar at decent bitrates. I'm
guessing my integrated sound card might be at fault, or perhaps
my tin ears. Using somewhat geriatric Sennheiser HD445s, as
they're better than my speakers and amp. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Moz