[vorbis] Tag changes

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Fri Apr 5 16:46:59 PST 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:
> I have to disagree there.  In many a concerto by Vivaldi, he will have
> two movements with the same title.  So, to know which part I am
> listening to, it is important to know if PART="1. Andante" or if
> PART="3. Andante".  So for my collection of music, having the partnumber
> in the part itself works well.

Good point, but doesn't change the fact that the sequence it not part of
the description in my mind.

> Could you provide some details of why having the part number in the part
> name is "stupid"?

Ha ha!  That's not what I said.  I would rather separate descriptive
text from sequence.  It would be basically the same reason we have both
TRACKNUMBER and TITLE.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway