[vorbis] Winamp support at last!

Joel joefor-1 at student.luth.se
Fri Apr 26 17:22:31 PDT 2002

2002-04-27 22:48:14, Erik Fuller <Phaedras at gmx.net> wrote:

>> I've just spotted that the latest version of Winamp (v2.80) has support
>> built in (not requiring the plugin to be installed) at last. At least
>> according the the "new features" section.
>
>Yes, I've already upgraded my version :-)

I did too... And it worked fine.

However, wanting to get rid of possible 'old' files, I later uninstalled WinAmp to do a full install from scratch.

Now I notice:

1) my .oggs won't play.
2) in_vorbis.dll     <---  is actually unpacked in the plugins directory, but...
3) ...it won't show up in "Preferences/plug-ins/Input"

My conclusion is that winamp 2.80 ships with broken ogg-vorbis support. :-/

Can anyone confirm this, or dismiss it as just another weird effect on my Windows 98&95 box?

-/Joel