[vorbis] Tag Recommendations: Addressed Concerns That Were Raised

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Thu Apr 25 22:04:34 PDT 2002

On 26 Apr 2002 at 3:53, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> A player program should _not_ try to read all of your Vorbis files to
> construct a playlist/column view/whatever.  It will take way too long,
> for one thing.  Instead, it should keep its own databse.

Man, I wish I had tools such as this.  If there was some perfect,
global database that every player uses, that would be just *awesome*.
As it stands, every player driven by a database that I've used just
plain *sucks* (apologies to developers of any such players :).  I also
don't tie myself to any one player.  So, I would need to maintain any
number of databases.  Talk about a PITA and a complete waste of time!

> data views, failure of which to do causes crap flamewars like all this.

Heh heh.  Everyone's been very civil lately.  We're all playing nice
... aren't we?

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway