[vorbis] Visual Studio .NET

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Apr 17 13:42:49 PDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:43:38AM -0500, John Lundy wrote:
> This is incorrect! I am having no problems other than I had to *fix* the
> header files for structure alignment (as previously posted here). I
> submitted these fixes to the vorbis-dev list and hope for incorporation in
> the next version (as previously posted here). These new headers also provide
> a compile time mechanism for LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress usage of the DLLs
> which was not available in the standard headers. All submitted to the
> vorbis-dev list for review by the development team.
>
> If you'd like, I can forward these fixed headers to you. I expect they will
> resolve your problem as they have mine.

These 'fixes' were nonsensical for anything but Windows, and didn't
seem to make sense for Windows either.... but I'm less qualified to
answer as I'm not a windows coder.  The includes are arranged the way
they are for reasons, which the patch [If I'm remembering the correct
ones, perhaps I'm not] discarded wholesale.

Perhaps what you intended to do was noble, but the implementation left
some things to be desired.

Does windows really not have a global, OS-wide struct packing convention?

Monty