[vorbis] Tag changes

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Apr 9 17:20:32 PDT 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> The main problem is that you require that it only be used when there is
> a single PART tag in the Ogg.

I suggested that was the only time it was required.  Have you
contradictory example?

> When a problem is solved by a simple
> alphabetical sorting rule, why do you want to complexify things with
> a tag that sometimes can be there, and sometimes cannot?  Right now

I don't see the complexity.  To my eyes, the current definition of PART
*is* complex.

> all tags can be used at all times.  I don't think you've given a
> compelling reason to change that.

Well, I'm getting back to the "jotting a quick note" idea.  Jotting
quick notes doesn't follow rules.  You don't consult a formatting
document to write a note.

> I changed my mind.  Obviously Monty isn't opposed to some parsability;
> why should I be?

Yes, Monty caved ;)   That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to keep
this to a minimum.

> I recognize it's a slippery slope.  Don't try to push me further down
> it. :-)

Wouldn't dream of it.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway