[vorbis] Tag changes

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Tue Apr 9 16:27:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 06:56:25PM -0400, Ben Pearre wrote:
>Just because you ask, I'd tentatively suggest a colon rather than a
>period.  I can't really think of a good example, but is it possible
>that someone will want to label parts 3.4, 3.5, 4.1, 4.2, etc?  Of

I personally prefer the period to the colon, but theres no reason you
shouldn't be able to use a colon either.  I have modified the PART
definition again.  How does this definition stack up for your needs?

PART
a division within a work; eg, a movement of a symphony. Some tracks
contain several parts. Use a single PART tag for a each part contained
in a track. Where the ordering of the parts in a piece of music is
important, and where the ability to have them sorted automatically by
software is wanted, make sure the part names, when sorted
alphabetically, sort to the correct order. Typically one would use the
format "${num}${delim}${name}" where ${num} is a decimal number,
${delim} is some sort of delimiter, and ${name} is whatever you want to
consider as the name of the part. eg, PART="10. Oh sole mio",
PART="3: Andante con allegro". The important thing is that when sorted
alphabetically, the parts of a work fall into the correct order.
Sticking to the alphabetical sorting rule, here is one of many other
possibilities: PART="Act 2, Scene 1: Eh via, buffone, non mi seccar!".

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2