[vorbis] Tag changes

Ben Pearre bwpearre at mit.edu
Tue Apr 9 15:56:25 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 08:56:07AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
[munch]
> alphabetically, sort to the correct order. Typically one would use the
> format "${num}.${name}" where ${num} is a decimal number, followed by a
> period, then a space, then whatever you want to consider as the name of

The space seems to have gone north for the summer :)

> the part. eg, PART="10. Oh sole mio", PART="3. Andante con allegro".
> However, sticking to the alphabetical sorting rule, there are other
> possibilities: PART="Act 2, Scene 1: Eh via, buffone, non mi seccar!".

Just because you ask, I'd tentatively suggest a colon rather than a
period.  I can't really think of a good example, but is it possible
that someone will want to label parts 3.4, 3.5, 4.1, 4.2, etc?  Of
course, the converse is just as likely :)  I really don't think that
it matters much, but it seems more intuitive (note that you used a
colon in your last example).

Also, technically, this is alphabetical:  1 10 11 12 2 3 4 ...

But if there's a delimiter, it is easy enough to sort the first field
as a number.  And asking people to enter 01 02 03 ... is perhaps less
than ideal.

Otherwise, looks fabulous!

-Ben The Annoyingly Argumentative

--