[vorbis] Vorbis in Sonique?

HJ inzanekaoz at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 20:05:32 PST 2002

It's really funky; I got the Sonique 1.95 or whatever with the Lycos
branding but a week or so ago. Seemed like the old-product I tried
so long ago, and worked with Vorbis like a charm with the built-in
plugin. All streams up-to-and-including RC3 play fine.

The strangeness happens AFTER RC3. An encoder build from the current
CVS tree encodes just dandy and plays quite well in Winamp, BUT the
same stream, pre-RC4, meets with much brokenness in Sonique. It
simply does not play. Start/stop.

I don't really have any words of advice, except that I'm surprised
Sonique is even available for download from an apparently official
mirror anymore.