[vorbis] What to do with unicode?

Erik Fuller Phaedras at gmx.net
Sat Apr 6 17:21:50 PST 2002

> Hello!
>
> i have to re-code about 1Gb of mp3's.
> And i want to keep tags.

Arrrrrrrgh...

I don't get it: Why are there so many people who don't understand that when
you compress data lossily twice, that you lose data BOTH times? ESPECIALLY
when you use two different lossy encoding methods.

I shiver when I think of the day when OGG begins to become really popular
and I log on to <insert name of favorite P2P network> and download a file that
sounds like shite because some idiot thought he was doing the right thing by
reencoding his 128kbps MP3 with Ogg at -q 0 <shiver>

http://www.gmx.net