[vorbis] What to do with unicode?

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at public.mtu.ru
Sat Apr 6 12:14:42 PST 2002

Hello!

i have to re-code about 1Gb of mp3's.
And i want to keep tags.

o i use Delphi component to save tags, use lame to unpack file, then use
=========Beginning of the citation==============
OggEnc v0.8 (libvorbis rc2)
(c) 13.08.2001 Michael Smith <msmith at labyrinth.net.au)

=========The end of the citation================
to pack it - and i cannot pass comments there, as the encoder kills allthe
russians leters!

please, If You said that utf8 is standard keep it so!

PS: is there free Win32 library to convert between unicode and usual 8bit
test?
The best one i seen is IBM classes for Unicode, but...

I need that it not had re-code tables within itselfm but also can engage
built-in tables such as WinNT, Intenet Explorer 5, Opera 6 maybe...

When i make author of CDex plugin to do normal tag storgin, the plugin
became 1mb in size intead of 200 kb.
Guess the difference is table. And so is with EVERY program. Guess there is
to be some open free standard library for all...

PPS: i am not subsribed, so plz if any reply - send a copy to me via e-mail

With best regards, Arioch /BDV/.  E-mail: the_Arioch at nm.ru