[vorbis] I hate myself for asking this, but...

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Sun Sep 9 15:36:23 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Wigren" <wigren at home.se>
To: <vorbis at xiph.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis] I hate myself for asking this, but...

> Hi Gian-Carlo!
>
> It tested it, it compiles fine and it seems to work.
> I encoded a song and it became 174.7 kbps using -b 999 and I can't hear
any
> artifacts.
> But then I can't hear any artifacts on that particular song in RC2 or even
> beta2 either... Where can I find samples that give hearable artifacts on
RC2
> at 160/192 kbps? Are they still there with this libvorbis?

There have been a lot of posts to this list, you can check the archives. The
differences between this and normal RC2 were posted here too.

It doesn't fix the real bugs in Vorbis of course, but for most problem
samples
it seems to be slighly to a lot better. I like it and use it for my own
songs.

> Thank you Gian-Carlo!!
> (do you have a nickname?:)

I'm Garf in most places, even though I always sign with my initials.

--
GCP