[vorbis] new ogg stream

Magnus Holmgren lear at algonet.se
Fri Sep 7 09:30:13 PDT 2001

Peter Pawlowski wrote:

> > I am firewalled below port 1024 at my ISP, but I have the proxy
> > set up and can stream Ogg without problems even in Linux, so that
> > shouldn't be the cause.
> >
> > Happens with all versions of the WinAmp plugin I tried, Windows ME,
> > WinAmp 2.76. (I've reported this here before as well)
>
> Works for me (as slow as hell, but plays at all; I'm on a 56k dialup).
> Make sure that you select proper proxy option in plugin configuration if you
> are behind a proxy.

I only use a local proxy (JunkBuster), but disabling that doesn't make
any difference (and MP3 works fine through it).

Btw, the only way to really disable the proxy is to disable it in
Windows "Internet Options". Don't know if WinAmp or Windows is to be
blamed for that behaviour (I suspect Windows though).

--
Magnus Holmgren