[vorbis] channel coupling in rc2

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Tue Sep 4 11:33:33 PDT 2001

At 10:45 4/09/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
>
>> You've pretty much said yourself this isn't an issue of picking
>> your own lowpass filter have you?
>
>I never argued that it was.  I was simply refuting the one statement
>that I quoted.

If I say 'If you think the *current* *lowpass* *is* *too* low*
for your hearing then the solution is *more* *likely* a higher
bitrate than a higher lowpass' then how can you refute that by
saying that you have a clip that is bad at all bitrates (the highest
bitrates don't additionally lowpass at all)?

The way to refute it would be by showing that there are a
majority of cases where upping the lowpass would help without
increasing the bitrate. I would be very interested in that
because it would mean I currently misunderstand how vorbis
works. But you haven't done that at all...

PS. Feel free to move this to private mail. I guess this is
getting offtopic fast.

--
GCP