[vorbis] vorbis players (or lack of) for mac

dongoodman deg3 at msstate.edu
Tue Oct 30 11:08:12 PST 2001

On Tuesday, October 30, 2001, at 07:59  AM, David Cantrell wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 06:25:23AM -0700, volsung at asu.edu wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, David Cantrell wrote:
>>> There's Mint and Audion, but they're shareware rather than free.  xmms
>>> and ogg123 have been successfully compiled on OS X.
>> ogg123 has been successfully built on OS X?!?  If so, I want to know.  :
>> )
>
> One of the people I provide web hosting for* did it.  It's packaged up
> for fink <http://fink.sourceforge.net> users**.  He doesn't subscribe
> to any oggish lists.  I've used his port with esd, it might work with
> the native sound drivers, I dunno.

yah, i've played with this and xmms under fink...the only sound drivers
XMMS/fink shipped with were .wav out...esd seems to run, but i have no way
of testing it! argh. any idea how to get the native sound drivers for
ogg123/xmms/esd/whateverneedsthem working?

have fun
dongoodman

     |`I invented the term 'object oriented',              pobox 2516|
     |and I can tell you                         mississippi state ms|
     |I did not have C++ in mind.'                              39762|