[vorbis] Gian-Carlo release optimized for speech audio?

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Tue Oct 23 07:02:43 PDT 2001

I want to oggify some political speeches I got from realaudio.
I'd like them to be decent quality, but also to take advantage
of low bitrate etc to save space.  Its just spoken word, no music,
no sound effects.  Is there a Gian-Carlo or other release
where this is an option?  I have poor luck with compiling things
out of CVS.  Does someone have binaries I can "just run" under
Debian/unstable ?  Its been long enough since RC2 that I'm hoping
there are significant improvements my oggifying will benefit from.

Cheers

Jonathan

--
I am working to subvert from within ...
umm ...  by writing shoddy code ... and

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>