[vorbis] Ogg FLAC

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Wed Oct 17 07:39:50 PDT 2001

Looked through the license and it seems that it is heavily
patented. So screw it! :-p

// Wigren

> >Kenneth Arnold wrote:
> >For all that verbosity, my proposition is a simple
> >question: what is the mimimum set of changes needed to
make a killer
> >editing format out of Ogg, and are those modifications
small enough
> >that streaming-Ogg and editing-Ogg can be unified such
that one is
> >just a special case of another? I think this is an
important concern
> >that is best addressed early if Ogg is to take over the
world, i.e. if
> >adding editing capabilities requires a minor change to
the bitstream
> >format for the streaming case (which ideally would be a
simple result
> >of an editor splicing parts together on the fly), it's
better to do it
> >now while we're still not locked into a bitstream
(neither RC1 or RC2

http://www.aafassociation.org/index.html
>  From what little I understand, Ogg was designed with the
purpose of acting
> as a transport stream rather than an editing format. Are
there reasons not
> to adopt AAF? It appears (I've never used it personally)
to have a very
> robust handling of metadata, tagging info and media,
ideal for editing

request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No
subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.