[vorbis] Performance tests

Firelight Multimedia support at fmod.org
Tue Oct 16 11:29:28 PDT 2001

Never EVER use task manager to time stuff :) .. It couldn’t time a
horses arse :) (note that it still says 99% idle, even though playing
many direct sound software secondary buffers with lots of dmo effects
enabled causes windows to grind to a halt :).. nice how it somehow
excludes directx from the cpu metering)
The best way is to time in from the code using a QueryPerformanceCounter
or RDTSC time stamp pair etc (don’t use millisecond counters).. I have
done this and found mp3 using about 3% with ogg about 6% on a p3-500,
but that was a while ago.  I might do this again once I get the latest
decoder code.  I think I am still on the initial 1.0 release.

Brett Paterson
Firelight Multimedia
FMOD SoundSystem
http://www.fmod.org