[vorbis] Is GCC 2.95.2 also unusable?

Philippe Tapon philippe at ufoh.com
Sun Oct 14 00:16:42 PDT 2001

> I'm subscribed to the Linux Kernel mailing list, and people seem to be
> having good results with 2.4.12-ac1.
> However, I'd still get 2.4.10-ac12, if I were you. More kinks are
ironed
> out.

Thanks, Wilson, for the advice.  (I'm new to this and post it for the
benefit of those who are newer than I am:)  Here is Alan Cox's patch----

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-
2.4/2.4.10/patch-2.4.10-ac12.bz2

BitKeeper is here----

http://www.ppckernel.org/bk-2.4-stable/linux-bk-2.4-stable-2.4.10-
pre2.tar.gz

I've not had much luck rolling my own kernels, but if this 2.4.10-ac12
kernel really does make a difference, for Linuxppc people, for rolling
a working Vorbis, I will try my best.

I am watching the ALSA/libao discussion with interest but without a
clear sense of what I should do.  (Besides get a newer kernel. =)

Philippe