[vorbis] Auto Vorbis

Firelight Multimedia support at fmod.org
Thu Oct 11 01:17:14 PDT 2001

Im quite interested in this too for pocketpc.
Someone on vorbisdev (are you on that list?) posted the following..

"

I'm currently working on converting libvorbis to fixed point arithmetic.
I've managed to get all the decoding after the MDCT reverse
transformation
into 24-bit fixed point, including the windowing.

--
Russell King (rmk at arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM
Linux

Of
> josh
> Sent: Thursday, 11 October 2001 8:10 AM
> To: vorbis at xiph.org
> Subject: [vorbis] Auto Vorbis
>
> Is anybody going to do something about the fact that vorbis decoder
won't
> run
> on ARM processors (iPaq's, etc) or any (that I know of) car music
players?
> How can vorbis expect to compete when one of the most popular uses of
MP3

'vorbis-request at xiph.org'