[vorbis] [thorsten.titze@hangar-eleven.de: Ogg Vorbis RC2 library for Dreamcast]

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Sun Oct 7 08:51:44 PDT 2001

Just passing this bit of feedback on! :)

jack.

----- Forwarded message from Thorsten Titze <thorsten.titze at hangar-eleven.de> -----

Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 12:42:19 +0200
To: feedback at vorbis.com
From: Thorsten Titze <thorsten.titze at hangar-eleven.de>
Subject: Ogg Vorbis RC2 library for Dreamcast

Hello,

I just wanted to inform you that I ported your libogg and libvorbis packages
to the Dreamcast platform and wrote a player library around it for the Open-
Source Dreamcast OS "KallistiOS". It is still under development but works
quite nice.

The library sources will soon go into the "KallistiOS sourcetree". I also
compiled a preliminary Vorbis Player for the Dreamcast (based on example
sources of KOS) which works quite nicely. Sound quality is the same as the
UNiX or Windows players.

I'll soon open a section on my site on this library !

BTW, congrats on your great Audio codec. Main reason for the port was that I
wanted to playback Vorbis files without having my PC running the whole time !

Regards,
Thorsten Titze

----
Thorsten Titze                 eMail:<mailto:thorsten.titze at hangar-eleven.de>