[vorbis] Scheduled Ogg streams for testing

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sun Oct 21 15:43:18 PDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 01:42:39PM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> Um, excuse me, sir :)
>
> It's the _first_ link under the windows downloads.  How much more
> prominent than that can you get besides being on the front page.

Well excuse me for temporarily forgetting that there is a separate
software and downloads section. Indeed, though it is the first link
under Windows /downloads/, it's near the bottom of Windows
/software/. It confused me (the little disk icon is the more obvious
choice for Ogg software by far, as far as I can imagine being a
first-time visitor), so imagine the stereotypical "clueless newbie".

> Any ideas on how to come up with a reasonable compromise?

Yeah -- tell them to notify you or else it won't get updated so no one
will get their software. Could also have a link right next to the
software download to request an update. e.g. "This software has been
updated to supprt [select one] {RC1, RC2, ...}. [submit]".

but IANAWD (... web designer).

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>